Although March is a long month I didn’t achieve a lot of sewing. There were a huge workload and family to take care of. On top of that, my sewing room was such a mess that I felt no desire to smuggle in some sewing minutes.
Luckily there is the Project SewMyStyle so at least I sew one item a month. But I succeeded to sew some more. Read all about below:
The nanöo top
If you follow my blog then you know that every week I select patterns that are special for me: “the eye-catchers“. The nanöo top was one of them. This pattern gives striped fabric a nice cachet. I wore it several times and get compliments about it. Probably there will follow more.
I was desperate in need for new undies and nothing better than using your leftovers to sew some. This time I used the Watson bikini pattern because I have it for more than two years now. Also, the pattern kept popping up lately. It is a quick sew—especially when you use your overlocker. But I like the fit of the Ladies Basic Briefs Bottoms from Jocole more. That is the pattern I used for my previous self-sewed undies.
The Virginia leggings
The third project of SewMyStyle was the Virginia leggings from Megan Nielsen. Leggings are way out of my comfort zone but I accepted the challenge. I am glad I did because these are so comfortable and I love to wear them combined with a dress or a skirt.
I finalized the muslin of my self-drafted pattern for a straight skirt. This is the project I’m working on in the pattern drafting class I am following
Did I finish any WIP’s this month? No! Did I create new WIP’s? No! So the score remains 6 WIP’s.
What are my sewing plans for this month?
- First, I would like to sew a Moneta dress for my daughter. (repeat from my March planning)
- Second, I am going to test a pattern for Snitchenatterns. (sshht, big secret)
- Third, the April project of SewMyStyle: The Bridgetown Backless Dress from SewHouse7
- Fourth, I would like to start on the V9015 jumpsuit. This pattern has been an eye-catcher twice now.
- And last—this is a keeper—I really would like to finish at least one of my WIP’s.
What are your sewing plans for April?