Wow, I blinked a couple of times and January has passed. Even February is already flying away. Still, I wanted to share what I sewed in January and look ahead for my sewing plans for February.
The sewing theme for this month seems to be gifts: for my husband, my family and my godson. You will find a roundup below.
- Finally, I sewed my beloved pants for my husband. It was already my fifth one so I had no trouble with the sewing. I made it in a real soft light-weight jersey I found at the Neuköllner Stoff in Berlin. I used some leftovers from my Wren dress for the pockets. The fit is spot on but my husband is not really in favour of smaller legs and the ankle cuffs, so he made his demands for the next one! But he sleeps in it.
- The Seamwork Paxson was on my #2016MakeNine list. Last December, I cut one out for my son but accidently sewed the back with the wrong side of the fabric to the good side of the fabric. That’s why it is still a WIP today. Luckily, I could use the same size of the pattern for my husband, so that was a win.
Because the plan was to use this sweater together with the Hudson pant from above, I cut it in the same jersey. The sewing went easy—like all Seamwork patterns. Alas, the arms and the bodice were too short. Luckily it fits me. So now I have a new sweater and my husband has half a pyjama.
Pyjamas for my godson
He got them as a new year’s present but I only managed to finish the pants. So he received a PIP—Present in Progress. I made them in this funky skeleton cotton that I also found at the Neuköllner Stoff in Berlin.
7 Hudson Pants
To celebrate New Year I made matching Hudson pants for my family and myself. How I did that I will tell in a future blog post.
January was also the first month of the SewMyStyle project. I finished the Toaster Sweater with ease last Thursday of January and I love it. You can read all about here.
- Did I finish any WIP’s? No! Did I create new WIP’s? Yes, the pyjamas for my godson. So now the score is 6 WIP’s.
What are my sewing plans for this very short month? And it seems the theme is secrecy.
- First, of course, the 2017 Secret Valentine Exchange.
I’ve selected my fabric and at the moment I’m totally absorbed in the making of my gift.
- Second, I’m going to test a pattern for a dress. It’s the Daphne Day Dress from Sew This Pattern.
- Third, the second project of Sew My Style: the Saunio Cardigan of Named Clothing. This pattern is a little out of my comfort zone but Jessica—one of the SewMyStyle leaders—made already a very inspiring make.
- Fourth, making a muslin of my first self-drafted pattern of a straight skirt—assignment for my pattern drafting class.
- Fifth, the Moneta Party! I’m going to sew my first Moneta.
- And last, I really would like to finish at least one of my WIP’s.
What are your sewing plans for February?