I have been nominated by the lovely Diane, from Dream. Cut. Sew, for The Mystery Blogger Award. As she is a sweet lady and an inspiring sewist and blogger I’m thrilled to join in. Thank you, Diane, for the nomination.
The Mystery Blogger Award: how does it work?
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Created by: Okoto Enigma
The rules are as follows:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Three random facts about myself
In August I’m going to be a grandmother, of a little boy, for the first time. I’m so looking forward to this, you can’t imagine. Also, this will give me a reason to sew all of the cute baby clothes.
My husband and I met in 1979 behind the dishwasher at the student restaurant where we both had a student job. Two months after that moment we kissed for the first time and we still do.
I hate doing sports because I have a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y no talent for it. I once was a goalkeeper for a benefit football game with the youth movement of which I was a member. We lost with 0-20! And I made one of the goals.
Diane’s Questions for me
- Do you have a bad habit and if so what is it?
Procrastination, I guess.
- If money was no object, where would you fly to in the whole world?
- What food do you hate?
Warm red cabbage! This is a real childhood trauma.
- How many sewing machines/overlockers have you got?
I have a 38-year old orange Toyota, a 2-year old Brother and a 1,5-year old Juki overlocker.
- Name 3 famous people you would love to share a dinner table with.
Tilda Swinton, Frida Kahlo & Nick Cave.
My nominated bloggers, in no particular order:
And my 5 questions are
- What is the first thing you ever sewed?
- What was your favourite garment for dress-up parties when you were little?
- What is the strangest thing you had under your presser foot?
- Where is the furthest you travelled?
- What is the funniest movie you have ever seen?
I would love to read your answers but don’t worry if you don’t have time for it!